For HUONE, running our business in a responsible and sustainable manner is important. It is part of our mission to put our people first in everything we do, and hence, the society and the planet that people reside in, become crucial.
While HUONE needs to take the expectations of diverse global stakeholders into our consideration, we also see corporate responsibility as something that helps us manage risks in this fast-changing world. We try to understand our social, economic, and environmental impacts, and try to manage our operation to help us contribute to making the world a better place. We are a high-growth company, but we are taking small steps as we grow. Here are our small steps:
- Staff uniforms are made from recycled materials by the local company, which focuses solely on sustainable workwear.
- In our communication, our guests are encouraged to use public transportation to attend events at HUONE.
- For the guests with electric vehicles, information about the nearby charging stations can be found on the website.
Reduce the use of paper by digitalising a lot of the administrative processes e.g. signing documents and sending/receiving invoices electronically, using cloud-based document management
- Waste minimization by avoiding single-use tableware, straws, and reducing office material use.
- Communication with on-site guests for individual involvement in small actions e.g. turning off lights, recycling.
- Food waste reduction by careful planning of raw material procurement.
- Waste is separated and recycled on-site according to local legislation.
Communicating food restrictions and allergies in advance is not only thoughtful but also in the customer’s best interest. Above all, it facilitates the planning of raw material procurement, thus reducing waste and ensuring the best possible customer experience. ”
Food & Beverage
- Serve organic & fairtrade coffee and tea
- Follow a ‘No Beef Policy’
- Respect and cater for everyone’s dietary requirements & preferences
- Menu changes according to seasonality
- Work with like-minded partners for sourcing
- Aim for local, fresh and certified ingredients
Social, cultural, and economic side
- Respect and follow the labor rights for every employee equally.
- Ensure a safe and secure working environment for all our employees with a concrete risk and crisis management plan.
- Opposes commercial, sexual, physical, or any other type of harassment.
- Do not discriminate on age, race, gender, religion, disability, socioeconomic status during the recruitment process.
- Do not accept or support corruption and we focus on being transparent with our services.
- Promote sustainable solutions and services to our guests.
- HUONE donates all keynote honorarium towards different causes for Unicef. Evon Blomstedt, the founder of HUONE takes a strong pledge in giving back by public speaking. She is an inspirational speaker for entrepreneurship, gender equality, immigration, diversity, and education for all.
HUONE is in the business of helping. For some, that’s helping them have a better meeting. For others, it takes something more, and we don’t shy from that responsibility. -Evon Blomstedt, the founder of HUONE
(Source: Sustainable Development Goals, www.un.org)