1. Controller of the personal data file
Huone Events Hotel / Söderlund International Oy (HUONE)
Address: Länsisatamankatu 16, 00180 Helsinki, Finland
Tel: +358 (0) 20 78 51 440, Email: email@example.com
2. Controller’s contact person
Ms. Jussi Söderlund, CEO Huone Helsinki
Tel: +358 (0) 40 77 51 298, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. To what purposes we process Your data?
The purposes of processing Your personal data are the following (one or more purposes may apply simultaneously):
- Managing and analyzing the customer relationship: HUONE may use Your personal data for managing, analyzing and improving the customer relationship with the entity You represent.
- Providing products and services: HUONE may use Your personal data for providing services for You, for example when You purchase our and use our services, subscribe to our newsletters and participate in our events. Your personal data is processed for carrying out the rights and obligations related to a contract or other commitment between HUONE and You.
- Communication with You: HUONE may use Your personal data to communicate with You, for example to send You important alerts and other such notices relating to our services, to inform You that our services have changed and to ask for your feedback on our products and services.
- Marketing to You: HUONE may contact You to inform You of new products, services or promotions HUONE may offer. HUONE may use Your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide You with more relevant content. This means for example making recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services and in third party services.
- Managing and developing services: HUONE may use Your personal data to manage and develop HUONE’s business operations.
5. What information we collect about You?
5.1 Content of HUONEs personal data file may include the following types of data and changes made to these data types basic information of all data subjects;
- first and last name
- contact data (postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers)
- language preferences
- title and/or job description of current and previous jobs related to Huone’s customer relationships
- name and business information of the entity You work for currently or previously, related to Huone’s customer relationship
- starting and ending moment and method of the customer or comparable relationship
- campaigns and promotions directed to You, as well as their use
- interests and other information provided by You
- direct marketing choices
- information of the use of Huone’s digital services as well as digital content created by You
- technical data sent to Huone by Your digital devices (such as computers and mobile devices) as well as information related to cookies and other similar technologies
- recordings of customer service telephone conversations as well as e-mail and chat correspondence
In addition to the above specified basic information HUONE may process the following subcategories of personal data of You.
5.2 Information of data subjects participating in HUONE events;
- relevant information related to the organization or participation of the event information
- related to food diets (sensitive data, voluntarily given by You)
5.3 Information of HUONE EVENTSOME® customers;
- Username and password, customer number and functions within EVENTSOME.
5.4 Information of data subjects who;
- have made purchases,
- given feedback and/or made complaints related to Huone’s products or services;
- content, correspondence and consequences related to feedback and complaints
6. Where do we gather Your personal data from?
Most of the information is collected from You at the beginning of and during the customer relationship and from the software programs when You are using and/or purchasing our products and services.
Your personal data and its updates are also obtained from authorities, organizations and companies offering credit information and personal data updating services, from public directories and other public sources of information.
The provision of Your personal data is necessary in order to enter into a contract and customer relationship with HUONE. Failure to provide the required data means that You are not able to purchase and use HUONE’s products and services.
7. Is Your data regularly shared with others?
HUONE does not sell, lease or otherwise disclose Your personal data to third parties outside of the global HUONE group unless otherwise stated below. The controller of this personal data file is the Finnish parent company and licensor of HUONE units in different countries.
HUONE may share Your personal data based on a valid order from a court or other official body with sufficient authority. HUONE may share Your personal data as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. This also applies in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which Your personal data would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding.
8. Is Your data transferred to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area and vice versa?
HUONE’s services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore HUONE may transfer Your personal data outside the country where You use our services, including to countries outside the EU and EEA that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection. In such cases HUONE ensures that a legal basis for such a transfer exists and that adequate protection for Your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
9. How long do we process Your Personal data?
HUONE may process Your personal data in this personal data file for as long as the customer relationship or other comparable relationship between You and HUONE exists, as well as for a reasonable time thereafter. HUONE may process Your personal data for tax or legal purposes as long as necessary. After the above-specified timeframe has ended, HUONE may process part of Your personal data in its direct marketing registers according to applicable legislation.
10. The principles of securing the data
HUONE has established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to make the information collected secure. Only appointed personnel of HUONE and of organizations operating by HUONE’s assignment or on behalf of HUONE are entitled to use the personal data file application. All persons processing the application have a personal right of use granted by the controller. Different levels of access have been created based on the data a person needs according to his/her job description. The system is protected with a firewall which protects it from contacts outside of HUONE.
All personnel of HUONE and its subcontractors are obliged to keep the information of the personal data which they obtain in their work confidential. Manually processed documents containing Your personal data are protected against un-authorized access.
11. Your right of access, correction and prohibition
You have a right of access to the data concerning You in HUONE’s personal data files. The request for right of access shall be made in writing to the contact person of the personal data file. The request for the right of access must be signed. The request for right of access can also be presented at the main office of the controller at the address Länsisatamankatu 16, 00180 Helsinki, Finland, with verification of identity.
You have the right to prohibit HUONE from processing Your personal data for direct marketing purposes and the right to demand correction of an erroneous data by contacting the controller’s contact person.
12. Choice of law and the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority and the contact details of the supervisory authority
The processing of this personal data file is governed by the laws of Finland. In case You suspect a breach of data protection legislation and the matter is not solved amicably between You and HUONE in negotiations, You may contact the Finnish Data Protection authority at Data Protection Ombudsman’s Office, P.O. Box 800, 00514 Helsinki, Finland.