2. Controller’s contact person
Mr. Jussi Söderlund, COO HUONE
Tel: +358 (0) 40 7751298Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Why do we process Your data and what is the legal basis for processing?
The purposes of processing Your personal data are the following (one or more purposes may apply simultaneously):
- Providing products and services: HUONE may use Your personal data for providing services to You, for example when You purchase our and use our services, subscribe to our newsletters and participate in our events. Your personal data is processed for carrying out the rights and obligations related to a contract or other commitment between HUONE and You.
- Communication with You: HUONE may use Your personal data to communicate with You, for example to send You important alerts and other such notices relating to our services and the contractual relationship between us, to inform You that our services have changed and to ask for your feedback on our products and services. Such communication is necessary for carrying out the contract between HUONE and You or required to enhance our products and services as defined below.
- Marketing to You: HUONE may contact You to inform You of new products, services or promotions HUONE may offer. HUONE may use Your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide You with more relevant content. This means for example making recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services and in third party services. Such processing is based on Your consent or the legitimate interest of HUONE to offer information about its products and services. You may opt-out of such marketing or advertising at any time.
- Legal and regulatory compliance and claims: HUONE processes Your personal data as may be required by applicable legislation and competent authorities, to investigate breaches, to present or defend a legal claim and for other similar legal reasons.
4. What information we collect about You?
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which You access the service;
- the site that You visited immediately prior to visiting the service;
- the specific actions that You take on the service, including the pages that You visit, posting a comment or performing a search;
- the time, frequency and duration of Your visits to the service;
- your browser type and operating system;
- the nature of the device from which You are accessing the service, for example, whether You are accessing the service from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID; and
- Your location, such as IP address or latitude/longitude coordinates.
Information relating to customers or potential customers of HUONE: We may process the following types of information about You when You are a customer or a potential customer of HUONE:
- first and last name
- contact data (postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers)
- language preferences
- title and/or job description of current and previous jobs related to HUONE’s customer relationships
- name and business information of the entity You work for currently or previously, related to HUONE’s customer relationship
- starting and ending moment and method of the customer or comparable relationship
- campaigns and promotions directed to You, as well as their use
- interests and other information provided by You
- direct marketing choices
- information of the use of HUONE’s digital services as well as digital content created by You
- recordings of customer service telephone conversations as well as e-mail and chat correspondence
In addition to the above specified basic information, HUONE may process the following subcategories of personal data of You:
- information related to the participation of HUONE’s events such as information on the organization You represent and to food diets (special category of data and other personal data voluntarily given by You when responding to an event invitation)
- information of HUONE’s EVENTSOME® customers, such as user name and password, customer number and functions within EVENTSOME
- information on purchases, feedback and/or complaints related to HUONE’s products or services; content, correspondence and consequences related to feedback and complaints.
5. Where do we gather your personal data from?
Most of the information is collected from You at the beginning of and during the customer relationship and when You are using and/or purchasing products and services of HUONE.
Your personal data and its updates are also obtained from authorities, organizations and companies offering credit information and personal data updating services, from public directories and other public sources of information.
The provision of Your personal data is necessary in order to enter into a contract and customer relationship with HUONE. Failure to provide the required data means that You are not able to purchase and use HUONE’s products and services.
6. How is your data shared with others?
HUONE does not sell, lease or otherwise disclose Your personal data to third parties outside of the global Huone group unless otherwise stated below:
- Consent: HUONE may share Your personal data if you have given your consent for HUONE to do so.
- Authorities: HUONE may share Your personal data to authorities in accordance with statutory legislation.
- Payment and debt collection: HUONE may share Your personal data for obtaining payment for products and services including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection.
- Legal claims: HUONE may share Your personal data based on a valid order from a court or other official body with sufficient authority. We may also share your personal data to investigate breaches, to present or defend a legal claim or for other similar legal reasons.
- Merger and acquisitions: HUONE may share Your personal data as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. This also applies in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which Your personal data would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding.
7. Is Your data transferred to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area?
HUONE’s services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore, HUONE may transfer Your personal data outside the country where You use our services, including to countries outside the EU and EEA that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection. In such cases HUONE ensures that a legal basis for such a transfer exists and that adequate protection for Your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities.
8. How long do we process Your personal data?
HUONE may process Your personal data for as long as the customer relationship or other comparable relationship between You and HUONE exists, as well as for a reasonable time thereafter. HUONE may process Your personal data for tax or legal purposes as long as required by legislation. After the above-specified timeframe has ended, HUONE may process part of Your personal data for marketing purposes in accordance with Your stated preferences or until You opt-out from receiving marketing messages.
9. Data security
HUONE has established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to make the information collected secure. Only appointed personnel of HUONE and of organizations operating by HUONE’s assignment or on behalf of HUONE are entitled to use the personal data file application. All persons processing the application have a personal right of use granted by the controller. Different levels of access have been created based on the data a person needs according to his/her job description. The system is protected with a fire-wall which protects it from contacts outside of Huone.
All personnel of HUONE and its subcontractors are obliged to keep the information of the personal data which they obtain in their work confidential. Manually processed documents containing Your personal data are protected against unauthorized access.
10. Your rights
- Right of access: You have a right to access personal data concerning You processed by HUONE. The request for right of access shall be made in writing by contacting HUONE at the e-mail address or postal address shown above (section 2). The request for the right of access must be signed. The request for right of access can also be presented at the main office of HUONE at the address Länsisatamankatu 16, 00180 Helsinki, Finland, with verification of identity.
- Right of rectification and erasure: At Your request HUONE will also rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data relating to You. You also have the right to request your data to be erased (right to be forgotten) in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to object and restrict processing: You may object processing based on legitimate interest, such as marketing, by opting out of direct marketing messages or by contacting HUONE at the e-mail address or postal address shown above (section 2). HUONE restricts processing e.g. when You contest the accuracy of Your personal data, object processing as defined above or when HUONE no longer needs Your personal data for the purposes of processing, but HUONE needs to store the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person.
- Right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw Your consent any time by opting out of direct marketing messages or by contacting us at the e-mail address or postal address shown above (section 2).