General Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions below apply to all reservations made at HUONE Denmark, unless explicitly agreed otherwise. HUONE Denmark reserves a right to apply special terms and conditions that differ from these terms in case of additional services or special events require so. You are responsible for informing your guests of these terms, especially Section 4 ‘Guest Code of Conduct’.
1. Reservations and confirmation
Provisional reservations can be made by telephone, live-chat, e-mail or via the online reservation system. When submitting the reservation, you are required to provide the necessary personal details of you, in addition to information of the event you are organising.
If you are submitting any personal data of guests or any material (such as text, guest emails or pictures) to HUONE, you are responsible that the submitted information or material does not breach any third party intellectual property or privacy rights.
An event reservation is binding once it has been confirmed in writing by HUONE or you have confirmed the quotation sent by HUONE. Advance payment, reservation fee or credit card guarantee may be required by HUONE depending on local practice in order to secure a reservation.
If you wish to amend your reservation, HUONE will use reasonable endeavours to comply with your request, however we cannot guarantee that amendments can be made.
The reservation cannot be assigned to a third party without HUONE’s written approval.
2. Prices and payment
Payment is invoiced or made on-site by credit or debit card. Payment term is 14 days net, when invoiced, unless otherwise specified or agreed. The price will include the price of the agreed package and any on-site sales that were not paid for at the point of purchase. Price will not include any additional services provided by third-party, such as parking or performances, not offered by HUONE.
HUONE is entitled to charge interest for delayed payments in accordance with the Finnish Interest Act, as well as a reasonable debt collection fees.
HUONE is entitled to charge additional payment, if the event exceeds the confirmed schedule by more than 30 minutes. In case of exceeding the confirmed schedule, such charge may include payments made or subsequent loss of business incurred by HUONE to the extent that HUONE is unable to honour other reservation made to the room.
3. Cancellation policy
In case of cancellations, the following policy applies, unless otherwise specified in the quotation of HUONE:
- Event cancellation 6 weeks prior to event: no charges
- Event cancellation 3-6 weeks prior to event: 65% charge of confirmed quotation price.
- Event cancellation 1-3 weeks prior to event: 90% charge of confirmed quotation price.
- Event cancellation under 1 week prior to event: 100% charge according to quotation price.
HUONE may cancel the reservation or to request an advance payment if HUONE reasonably considers that you may not be able to fulfil your payment obligations under these terms.
4. Guest code of conduct
For the safety and convenience of all guests, the following rules apply:
- HUONE premises or equipment shall not be used for any unlawful, fraudulent, criminal, immoral or similar purposes or in connection with any business or activity that is in breach of any applicable legislation or orders of applicable authorities.
- Number of guests must not exceed the agreed capacity. It is organiser’s responsibility to inform and confirm with HUONE in advance in the case of additional guests.
- HUONE charges customers according to the confirmed number of guests and there will be no refund for no-shows.
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own food or drinks to the premises of HUONE.
- Alcohol beverages shall only be consumed in a responsible manner and not offered to minors.
- Smoking and recreational drugs are strictly prohibited in the premises of HUONE.
- Minors under the age of 18 taking part in an event must be accompanied by their parents, teachers or other duly authorised adults.
- The privacy of guests should be respected and pictures on social media should not be posted, unless a guest has a clear authorisation to do so.
- Guests shall not act in an unruly or disruptive manner and shall not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of their event.
- Guests shall not damage in any way the premises or equipment of HUONE, or remove any of the equipment, furniture or effects from the rooms without prior consent of HUONE. HUONE reserves right to charge for the cost of damages accordingly.
- Proper care should be taken of personal valuables. HUONE is not responsible for valuables or property brought to HUONE premises.
- Guests shall comply with the directions of HUONE staff.
In case you or your guests breach the above terms, you or your guests may be immediately removed from the premises of HUONE. In such cases you are still obliged to pay for the services ordered. You are not eligible to claim a refund for payments already made.
You are responsible for the damage caused by you or your guests to the premises or equipment of HUONE or to other guests or their property.
Responsibility of HUONE
HUONE aims to give the best possible service and our highest priority is given to making sure your event runs smoothly. However, if on the odd occasion, mistakes or misunderstandings occur, HUONE will do its utmost to resolve the matter as soon as possible. If after the event, the complaint is still outstanding, this must then be addressed in writing to your event coordinator or to email@example.com.
HUONE shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to property brought to the premises by the guests, for any injury which may be incurred by any persons arising from a failure to adhere to rules set out by HUONE, or for any loss due to mechanical breakdown, failure in electricity supply, the need to undertake emergency repairs in the premises or any force majeure event which may cause the premises or equipment of HUONE to be temporarily closed or the function interrupted. HUONE shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential losses. Maximum liability of HUONE shall be limited to the price of the event.
6. Privacy and data protection
7. Governing law and dispute resolution
These terms are governed by laws of Denmark, without regard to its choice of law provisions. If a dispute cannot be resolved through negotiation between HUONE and you, disputes shall be settled in Copenhagen District Court.