General Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions below apply to all reservations made at HUONE Copenhagen, unless explicitly agreed otherwise. HUONE reserves a right to apply special terms and conditions that differ from these terms in case of additional services or special events require so. You are responsible for informing your guests of these terms, especially Section 4 ‘Guest Code of Conduct’.
1. Reservations and confirmation
Provisional reservations can be made by telephone, live-chat, e-mail or via the online reservation system. When submitting the reservation, you are required to provide the necessary personal details of you, in addition to information of the event you are organising.
If you are submitting any personal data of guests or any material (such as text, guest emails or pictures) to HUONE, you are responsible that the submitted information or material does not breach any third-party intellectual property or privacy rights.
An event reservation is binding once it has been confirmed in writing by HUONE or you have confirmed the quotation sent by HUONE. Advance payment, reservation fee or credit card guarantee may be required by HUONE depending on local practice in order to secure a reservation.
If you wish to amend your reservation, HUONE will use reasonable endeavours to comply with your request, however we cannot guarantee that amendments can be made.
The reservation cannot be assigned to a third party without HUONE’s written approval.
To secure your booking, unless separately agreed otherwise, a prepayment of the total quotation amount is required. The prepayment invoice must be paid within 10 days from the date of the invoice.
For events with a total quotation amount exceeding 40,000kr, the customer is required to make a prepayment of 50% of the total quotation amount to secure the booking. The prepayment invoice must be paid within 10 days from the date of the invoice.
Additionally, the remaining 50% of the prepayment is to be settled no later than 7 days before the event date. Both invoices will be sent upon booking confirmation. Failure to make the second prepayment of 50% within the specified timeframe may result in the cancellation of the booking, as outlined in our cancellation policy.
Final Payment and Adjustments:
An additional debit/credit invoice will be sent after the event to address any differences in the final billable amount. If there are any discrepancies or additional charges, they will be detailed in this invoice.
For possible refunds due to overpayment or adjustments, we kindly request you to provide us with your bank account details. Alternatively, should you prefer, we can retain the amount as a credit to offset against future events you book with us.
As per Danish law, VAT is applicable at the time of payment. Therefore, the VAT for the deposit will be due upon payment of the deposit, and the VAT for the final payment will be due upon settling the balance.
If you decide to cancel your booking:
- More than 6 weeks before the event, 100% of the prepayment will be refunded.
- 3-6 weeks before the event, 35% of the prepayment will be refunded.
- 1-3 weeks before the event, 10% of the prepayment will be refunded.
- Less than 1 week before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Kindly be aware that failure to make the prepayment within the specified timeframe may result in the cancellation of the booking, as outlined above in ‘Prepayment’.
Late Payments: Any late payments will be subject to a 5% late fee on the outstanding amount. If payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to release the booked date to other potential clients.
Modifications: Any modifications to your event details that result in a change to the quoted amount must be finalized and agreed upon no later than 7 days before the event. Additional costs may apply.
Force Majeure: In the event of circumstances beyond our control, such as natural disasters, pandemics, or government-imposed restrictions, we will work with you to reschedule your event or provide a refund as deemed appropriate.
By proceeding with the booking, you acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined above. We look forward to serving you and ensuring your event is a great success.
4. Guest code of conduct
For the safety and convenience of all guests, the following rules apply:
- HUONE premises or equipment shall not be used for any unlawful, fraudulent, criminal, immoral or similar purposes or in connection with any business or activity that is in breach of any applicable legislation or orders of applicable authorities.
- Number of guests must not exceed the agreed capacity. It is organiser’s responsibility to inform and confirm with HUONE in advance in the case of additional guests.
- HUONE charges customers according to the confirmed number of guests and there will be no refund for no-shows.
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own food or drinks to the premises of HUONE.
- Alcohol beverages shall only be consumed in a responsible manner and not offered to minors.
- Smoking and recreational drugs are strictly prohibited in the premises of HUONE.
- Minors under the age of 18 taking part in an event must be accompanied by their parents, teachers or other duly authorised adults.
- The privacy of guests should be respected and pictures on social media should not be posted, unless a guest has a clear authorisation to do so.
- Guests shall not act in an unruly or disruptive manner and shall not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of their event.
- Guests shall not damage in any way the premises or equipment of HUONE, or remove any of the equipment, furniture or effects from the rooms without prior consent of HUONE. HUONE reserves right to charge for the cost of damages accordingly.
- Proper care should be taken of personal valuables. HUONE is not responsible for valuables or property brought to HUONE premises.
- Guests shall comply with the directions of HUONE staff.
In case you or your guests breach the above terms, you or your guests may be immediately removed from the premises of HUONE. In such cases you are still obliged to pay for the services ordered. You are not eligible to claim a refund for payments already made.
You are responsible for the damage caused by you or your guests to the premises or equipment of HUONE or to other guests or their property.
Responsibility of HUONE
HUONE aims to give the best possible service and our highest priority is given to making sure your event runs smoothly. However, if on the odd occasion, mistakes or misunderstandings occur, HUONE will do its utmost to resolve the matter as soon as possible. If after the event, the complaint is still outstanding, this must then be addressed in writing to your event coordinator or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HUONE shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to property brought to the premises by the guests, for any injury which may be incurred by any persons arising from a failure to adhere to rules set out by HUONE, or for any loss due to mechanical breakdown, failure in electricity supply, the need to undertake emergency repairs in the premises or any force majeure event which may cause the premises or equipment of HUONE to be temporarily closed or the function interrupted. HUONE shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential losses. Maximum liability of HUONE shall be limited to the price of the event.
6. Privacy and data protection
7. Governing law and dispute resolution
These terms are governed by laws of Denmark, without regard to its choice of law provisions. If a dispute cannot be resolved through negotiation between HUONE and you, disputes shall be settled in Copenhagen District Court.